Re: Wearing knife/tomahawk with a sash

  • Joseph Ruckman
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
      Ron & List,

      I have posted photos of my belt knife and belt axe to the Photos
      section of this list - go to
      http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Revlist/lst to see them. I've
      also posted a picture of myself so you can see how I wear the knife.

      Whether wearing a sash or a belt, my knife gets goes inside above my
      left hip and tied into place at an angle, as the picture of me
      shows. When wearing a belt, the belt axe goes into the frog shown in
      the picture. When wearing a sash, it simply gets thrust into the
      sash. In either case, I wear them on the right and slightly behind
      my right hip, and it's never fallen out.

      Regards,

      Joseph Ruckman
    • Double Edge Forge
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
        Jos,
        Only the first pic is working for me. Got any of red mocs??<G>

      • Joseph Ruckman
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
          > Only the first pic is working for me.

          Dunno what to tell you - maybe they take a while to download.
          Sometimes a right click and "show picture" works.

          > Got any of red mocs??<G>

          Sadly, no. I wish I'd gotten a picture of that whole outfit -
          guaranteed to keep me humble, as most of our early outfits will!

          Joseph
        • Joseph Ruckman
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2001
            Ron & List,

            In posting the pictures, I noticed that if you look closely, you can
            just see the handle of my hatchet hanging down on my right side - for
            whatever that's worth.

            Regards,

            Joseph