Leather and wood Bible binding

  • carol clement
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2001
      Dear List,
      A couple 18th c German Scripture books (one a Bible/hymn book) I
      inherited were published in Philly. The 1765 one has the most wear and
      there is wood showing beneath the leather. Would this have been more a
      special order as what was previously stated on the list was wood under
      leather was not 18th c. ?
      Our local Amish bishop in PA. stated that the hymns in the one were still
      used in his congregation today.
      Regards,
      Carol C.