new folks

  • Steve Covington
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2001
      Howdy All:
      New settlers here, Steven, they call me Briar, and wife of 8 months, Celina.
      been enjoying the list and reading with interest all that has come our way
      this week. we hail from the Fort Venango area,[Franklin, Pa.]. main interest
      would be the fifty years [my age] from 1750 thru 1800. on the western Pa
      frontier. have been building our own clothing and accouterments for some
      time now but need so much to really get envolved like we plan. slow but
      sure. I portray a longhunter who spends his time in settlement shoeing
      horses. being part Seneca, I just ain't sure of where my loyalty lies as of
      yet .
      would like to post a question to you kind folk. How does one go about making
      oilcloth? have the hemp and linen but would like to have some pointers or
      recipies to waterproof my stuff.
      I thank you in advance and appricate your support. Steven.
      briar@...