Sketch of Brandywine Battle

  • RchWalling@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 7:25 AM
      Dear Liste -

      In reading "We the People; Voices and Images of the New Nation," by Alfred
      Young, et. al and published in 1993 by Temple University, I came across a
      very interesting sketch of the Battle of Brandywine by George Weedon, dated
      Sept. 11, 1777. There is no other reference as to the location of the
      sketch, but the book is taken from the collections of the Chicago Historical
      Society.

      The sketch shows the Continental Army arrayed overlooking the Brandywine,
      with each division in place, the Park of Artillery and an eight gun battery
      near the river.

      Just in case people were not aware of this image, I am passing the
      information along.

      By the way, we are working on the theme of the New Jersey Militia in the
      Monmouth Campaign for next year's event, which will be on June 22 - 23, the
      fourth weekend. Heat and humidity as usual!

      Best wishes,
      Rich