Re: [Revlist] Bending tang on Lancaster rifle kit

  • Joseph & Christine
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2001
      > You must find a Shaman, Priest, or some such man of the cloth to give you
      > immediate absolution, for I fear for your immortal soul.... Or, you can
      > send me the contents of your liquer cabinet and we will call it even...<G>

      The latter, I think - I've about emptied it anyway... <GG>

      Jos.
    • Mark Hubbs
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2001
        I've done this many times on rifles and fowlers. After the plug is
        seated,clamp it in a stout vise with the barrel up in the air and the
        bottom of the barret towards you. Place a carpenters level along one
        side of it and move it right or left until it is perfectly straigt up
        and down. Now pull it towards you very slowly to bend the tang. Do
        a shallow bend, check it in the stock and repeat if necessary. After
        it matches the stock as best you can by bending, you may have to file
        the top surface to match the stock perfectly.

        Good Luck

        Mark Hubbs
        GA Refugees