Regimental Colours

  • Neil Thomsen
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2001
      Folks,

      I return to this list on a quest for information in regards to the
      ceremonies surronding the laying up of Regimental Colours at the end of
      their "usefulness" and the consecration of new Regimental Colours upon
      their receipt. I have found a "modern" site detailing the consecration of
      the colours of the 8th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment in 1968 -- and
      while this is a useful site and a starting point, it's obviously not 1777.

      Any assistance is most graciously accepted in this endeavour.

      Neil

      -----
      Musketman Neil Thomsen
      Captain Richard Duncan's Company