spam problem

  • BPACK55294@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2001
      Greetings, and apologies for the cross posting, but since I've heard comments
      from folks on both, I thought I'd pipe up with my own two cents worth.
      I never had much trouble with spam until I bought an item on Ebay! Ebay
      is one of the main sites which internet marketers scan to pursue new
      customers. Also, if you've ordered anything on-line, such as I used a
      Borders Gift Card, you can sometimes get spam from those transactions AND
      since most of those purchases also require that you give a phone number,
      you'll also see an increase in telemarketing. (My 12 year old son, who is
      very creative, has invented some interesting ways of dealing with these! <G>)
      The nice thing about spam is that you have the option of NOT opening the
      mail. If the sender is unknown to you, just delete the message.
      I really don't think the problem is a result of the Yahoo change, but I
      could be wrong.
      ymh&os,
      bets

      Betsy Packard