Grice Lock for Jap Bess

  • Mlewishome@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
      You'd be better off to install a Grice "Pedroselli" lock than get a
      handmade spring. Have you checked with S&S Firearms? I see Grice
      locks on eBay from time to time but they get pretty high.
    • sschuyler59@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
        --- In Revlist@y..., Mlewishome@c... wrote:
        > You'd be better off to install a Grice "Pedroselli" lock than get a
        > handmade spring

        I'll bite. Why?

        Have you done this? Do they fit the mortise? I have never seen
        this done, but I admitt I have not checked to see if one would
        fit.

        Do you think the Italian lock is "better"?

        A Pedersoli lock will run about $150 or more. A forged custom
        spring should cost, at the very most, half that installed.

        Kevin Richard-Morrow
        2nd Albany County Militia