RE: [Revlist] Re: Minorca Paintings - Officers of the R.A.

  • Davis, Robert
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
      Bart>>>Thanks!

      Bob D.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Bart Reynolds [mailto:bartiii@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 9:05 PM
      To: Revlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Revlist] Re: Minorca Paintings - Officers of the R.A.

      Bob & List,

      Sorry to be so slow in replying. Got tied up on the business of trying
      to explain backing a sail, which took much longer than I expected it to
      take.

      Sadly, there do not appear to be any members of the Royal Artillery, who
      are of a size to be identifiable as such, in any of the six Minorca
      paintings. There may be some gunners among the tiny figures in the
      background but if so they would be too small to be of any use in
      studying the uniforms and equipment of the Royal Artillery during this
      period. Wish I could report otherwise.

      Best Regards,

      Bart Reynolds

      "Davis, Robert" wrote:

      > Dear Liste:
      >
      > For those of you who have viewed the Minorca paintings, a question.
      > Is
      > there any artillery officers (particularly a senior artillery officer)
      > in
      > any of the works?

      Visit the RevList Homepage, which includes a list of sutlers, RevList member
      photos, FAQ, etc., at

      http://www.liming.org/revlist/

      with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.