Mainspring for Japanese Bess

  • agmorgan@home.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2001
      List,

      I would greatly use some help. I need a mainspring for my Bess. I
      have tried Dixie, they are out of stock. Does anyone know where I
      might find one.

      Thanks

      YMHOS,

      Ashley Morgan
      84th Regt of Foot
      agmorgan@...
    • sschuyler59@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
        --- In Revlist@y..., agmorgan@h... wrote:

        > List,
        >
        > I would greatly use some help. I need a mainspring for my Bess. I
        > have tried Dixie, they are out of stock. Does anyone know where I
        > might find one.

        Japanese parts are getting rare. Navy Arms used to import a few
        too and you might try there.

        The spring in the Japanese Charleville should be the same if you
        happen upon those.

        You may have to send your lock to a gunsmith and have a forged
        spring made. That will cost, but forged springs tend to last longer.
        Turn around time may be a couple months so now is the time.

        Kevin Richard-Morrow
        2nd Albany County Militia