Re: 2nd SC "hard" Knapsack

  • Mary Svrjcek
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
      Dear Bob, and list,

      Bob, do you know where the painting is located in the Library?
      In the Prints and Photographs division, or ? There are relatively
      few paintings on display, except as parts of exhibits, but if it's
      accessible, I can take a look sometime during the next week.

      Mary S.

      --- In Revlist@egroups.com, Roofus@a... wrote:

      > Todd, Bill & List:
      >
      > The painting to which you may referring could be the vista by
      Pierre
      > L'Enfant, now at the LOC. It is a very wide range view made from
      behind
      > Nelson's Point, with West Point directly across the river, but also
      spanning
      > the entire area from Buttermilk Falls at the left to the region of
      the
      > Connecticut Village huts (modern Cold Spring - Nelsonville) far to
      the right.
      > In the foreground, on Nelson's Point, are a number of
      Continentals.
      Todd,
      > does this fit with your recall of the painting? I will check to
      see
      if
      > knapsacks are evident on any of the figures and if so, will see if
      digi-pic