Re: [Revlist] Trenton 224th event

  • IVBNNJV@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 31, 2000
      In a message dated 12/31/2000 5:52:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      jay-callaham@... writes:

      << Those spineless
      wimps who wouldn't brave a few inches of snow missed a GREAT time!! >>

      My first reaction to this was sheer outrage. However, upon reflection, I
      reasoned Jay does/did not realize that the bulk of the storm hit to the north
      of Trenton, not where he was or had to drive through. Anything north of New
      Brunswick was pretty much a state of emergency. It was lifted here in Bergen
      County only at 9:00pm last night. I spent the better part of yesterday
      afternoon shoveling out from 25 inches of snow. I told my folks not to go
      yesterday, but if I hadn't, none of them would have shown up anyway. We have
      happily participated at Trenton for just about every year for more years than
      I can count, and were looking forward to this year's event. We were to field
      seven muskets, two drums and two followers yesterday, but nothing we do is
      worth risking that sort of danger to ourselves and others. A good officer is
      supposed to look for the safety and well-being of his people, no?

      We'll be there next year.

      As much as I personally respect and admire you Jay, this comment was
      ill-considered and grossly inaccurate.

      YMH&OS,

      Todd W. Braisted
      4th Battalion, New Jersey Volunteers
      IVBNNJV@...
      http://www.royalprovincial.com
    • Jay Callaham
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2001
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2001
          Dear List,

          I just want to concur with those who have already reported about
          Trenton. I had an absolute blast. To Rich Patterson and the rest of the
          staff at the Old Barracks, I extend my heartfelt thanks for the wonderful
          hospitality. The raging storm made the event magical and I very much look
          forward to Trenton/Princeton 2001. I'd also like to say huzzah to all the
          participants, and especially the 2nd NJ guys, for taking in this lonely
          Virginian.

          Regards,

          Mike Cecere 7th VA
        • Robert Deane
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 1, 2001
            Huzzah Mike! I'd like to hear more offlist once you thaw out all of your
            accoutrements. Bob Deane

            > I just want to concur with those who have already reported about
            > Trenton. I had an absolute blast. To Rich Patterson and the rest of the
            > staff at the Old Barracks, I extend my heartfelt thanks for the wonderful
            > hospitality. The raging storm made the event magical and I very much look
            > forward to Trenton/Princeton 2001. I'd also like to say huzzah to all the
            > participants, and especially the 2nd NJ guys, for taking in this lonely
            > Virginian.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Mike Cecere 7th VA
            >
            > Visit the RevList Homepage, which includes book and movie reviews, a list
            of sutlers, RevList member photos, etc., at