Re: [Revlist] West Point info??????

  • Ralph Burke
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2000
      >Also about the chain streched across the Hudson. It is intreguing how a
      > >chain this large could be manufactured, moved and erected. Does any one
      > >have Link dimentions and feet of chain?

      Webb,

      I grew up in the area, and remember seeing one of the links, and parts of
      the other anti-ship obstacles excavated from the site when I was very young
      (Washington's HQ museum, I think). As I remember the link, it was an oval
      (actually more a rectangle with rounded ends) about 4' long, and 1 1/2'-2'
      wide, constructed of 4"-6" square stock.

      At one time, I knew all the facts and figures on length, etc. What I do
      still remember is that it seems a pretty impressive project considering the
      time and place.

      YHS,

      RJB