New Book Discussion Egroup

  • Debbie Peck Kelleher
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2000
      With the snows of winter encouraging me to snuggle
      in with a warm drink and book, I was thinking of
      the books we discussed reading at the School of
      Soldier last April. And then I thought of the fun
      and knowledge I got out of the woman's and BAR
      email lists and thought I would combine the two by
      creating a email book list so we could read and
      discuss those books together. I was thinking that
      the reading pace would be slow, about two weeks
      for a chapter, since we all lead busy lives. I'm
      hoping we would each sign up for a brief chapter
      summary and come up with one guiding question to
      start the discussion.

      The book I do remember us agreeing to read was
      "Belonging to the Army: Camp Followers and
      Community during the American Revolution" Holly A.
      Mayer (University of South
      Carolina Press, 1996) ISBN1-57003-108-8 So I would
      like to start with this one and then we
      can decide what we want to tackle next.

      I have created a group through the web page
      egroups called Distafftextcircle. The webpage is
      http://www.egroups.com/group/Distafftextcircle
      The membership is open to all BAR members and
      anyone else who is interested in joining in a
      discussion on the readings.

      Thanks
      Deb Peck Kelleher