Brit Blanket Colours

  • daniel oconnell
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2000
      Are there any definative examples or information describing the colours
      of issued British Army Blankets during the years 1768 to 85?

      I've always assumed the blankets were 'natural' white, or nat white with
      royal blue stripe........ are there other accounts or examples of
      colours/shades of these blankets?

      Daniel O'Connell
    • jseminerio@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2000
        In a message dated 12/2/00 11:09:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        danieloconnell@... writes:

        > I've always assumed the blankets were 'natural' white, or nat white with
        > royal blue stripe........ are there other accounts or examples of
        > colours/shades of these blankets?

        Pursuant to our conversation of previous posts on Brit army surplus blankets,
        did anyone post an image of the Broad arrow (or whatever the mark was) that
        was put on blankets? It occurred to me yesterday you could (or I could
        anyway) cut a stamp out of artist's linoleum and easily print it on blankets.

        Just a thought

        John