Continental Facings and cuff color

  • Richard White
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2000
      List, could you help me out with a uniform query. I'm starting to get my fabric together for a Continental Regimental coat for the 7th Virginia and realized that I had no idea what color the red facings and cuffs should be. If I used the red madder wool like the Brits, would I come close? Can I also assume the facings and cuff edges were left raw? Since there were no existing Coats to check out I was hoping one of you might have some historical insight. Thanks for your help.

      Richard White
      7th Virginia
      Captain Marshall's Company
      http://home1.gte.net/5white/7thva.html