[Revlist] Naval Term Bt. Br. ?

  • Paul42d@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2000
      List - the log of HMS Solebay on October 1, 1777 describes the landing of the
      10th and 42nd Regiments in the Jerseys as part of the atttack on Fort
      Billingsport on the Delaware River.

      In two places it mentions what appears to be a kind of boat named a "Bt. Br."

      Can anybody translate? Paul Pace 42nd LI

      N.B. For anybody else that was as asleep as I have been, I just found out the
      old Naval Documents of the Revolution series from the 70's is now up to at
      least 1777 in Vol. 10. [with an added bonus of a forward by the Old Salt
      himself - Billy Clinton]