RE: [Revlist] Regimental coat sutler recommendation

  • G. Orvis
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2000
      While I cannot comment on Jarnigan's reproduced clothing, I am familiar
      with Margie and Neil Redmond of Druid's Oak and can state that their
      regimental coats are excellent. Like any other period clothing
      manufacturer, the firm has had a few misfires and you will no doubt hear
      both good and bad stories about their products. Overall, however, Druid's
      Oak does aim to please and tries very hard to satisfy its customers. Since
      they are a small operation trying to supply a big number of customers, I
      have no idea what their waiting time is on custom orders - you'll have to
      call and discuss it.

      While I am not fortunate enough to own one myself, I have seen their work
      on the backs of both Crown and Rebel soldiers and consider it very well
      done. Prices are commensurate with the quality. If you do business with
      Druid's Oak, just remember that they do not do your research for you - they
      make the coats like you tell them to, to your specifications. They don't
      take the hit if the coat turns out to be incorrect. Neil and Margie
      Redmond are willing to work with customers on design, fabric, trims, &c.
      until there is accord on what is wanted. Accurate measurements are an
      absolute must - Druid's Oak will provide a measuring sheet and
      instructions.

      Druid's Oak just moved from their Crofton MD address to western Maryland.
      The new address is:

      11601 Ziegler Rd., S.E.
      Hancock MD 21750
      301-478-3200