Cleaning those dirty uniforms

  • Tcolej@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2000
      Dear List,
      I returned from the BAR Grand Encampment at Fort Ti with a lot of very
      dirty and very stained small clothes. I must say that heretofore I had just
      sent in my wool small clothes to the cleaners every once and a while once
      they became too dirty. Well the cleaners didn't like the black powder stains
      and dirt stains that my white wool breaches and waistcoats always seemed to
      have. They never could get the stains out. So this time I decided to try
      doing it my self. I hand washed them in very cold water with woolite and
      hung to dry. Much to my surprise my breaches look like they could fit a 4
      year old and my waist coat is never going to button again. Well I know this
      set is ruined but does any one on this list have any advice for cleaning the
      next pair I must have made? Your knowledge and experience is much
      appreciated.
      Your most humble servant,
      Cole Jones
      HM LXIV Regiment of FOOT