Non-Period But Nice

  • John Seitz
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2000
      Dear List,

      Today (4th August 2000) many in the UK and the Commonwealth are celebrating
      the 100th birthday of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. As HM
      Queen Victoria still reigned when Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon was born, this
      posting is perhaps not quite as anachronistic as it first appears. (For
      younger folk, she was our Queen-Empress throughout World War II and is the
      longest-living Royal ever.) And, yes, as is traditional for all British
      centenarians, she received a congratulatory 100th birthday telegram from HM
      the Queen, her daughter.

      I have the distinct Honour and Pleasure to Be, and Remain, etc. -- John
      Seitz