A Call for Scottish Units

  • Bruce McNeal
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2000
      Greetings,

      I am asking a representative of all Scottish units,
      regardless of whether you are kilted or not, to contact me.
      Why???

      I recently got volunteered to be the National Reenactor
      Coordinator for the Scottish American Military Society
      (SAMS). SAMS is a national veterans organization for those
      of Scottish descent and is similar to the American Legion.
      I believe we have at least one post in every state. Among
      other things, SAMS provides color guards for various
      patriotic activities including this years National Tartan
      Day ceremony on the Capitol steps.

      The National Commander asked me to gather contact
      information for Scottish reenacting units nation wide. I
      intend to make this information available to the various
      Post Commanders so they can invite you to take part in
      local activities. We are also in the planning stages for a
      National Tattoo to be held in the D.C area in conjunction
      with Tartan Day next year. The man helping us plan this
      event is the same gentleman who coordinates the annual
      Tattoo in Edinburgh. Related activities have yet to be
      decided.

      If you think your unit might be interested in these types
      of activities, please send me ***off list*** your unit's
      name plus a contact name and address so we can mail you
      future information.

      If you know of a unit that is email-challenged that you
      think might be interested, they can contact me via snail
      mail at:

      Bruce McNeal
      2016 Red River Rd.
      Eldersburg, Maryland 21784-6645

      Sending me your contact info in noway commits you to
      anything. It will give you future information upon which
      to base a decision

      Yr Hmbl & Obdnt Srvnt,
      Bruce McNeal

      http://invites.yahoo.com/