Hunting frocks / rifle shirts

  • Patrick J OKelley
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2000
      Howdy,

      >I tend to agree that a rifleman might have
      >been in a (formal) company and been issued a shirt that was a bit
      tailored
      >but if you can find documentation for loose fitting and choose to wear
      it,
      >then by all means do so.

      All the accounts I have read of hunting shirts / rifle shirts, have been
      loose fitting. I have never seen a tight fitting hunting shirt accounted
      for.
      Whenever there is tailoring being done in the orderly books, it is never
      on hunting shirts.
      There are numerous complaints that the North Carolinians would store
      food and ammunition in the hunting shirts and it would ruin the
      cartridges. Kind of hard to do that with a tight one.

      Patrick O'Kelley
      goober.com@...
      2nd Regiment of the North Carolina Line
      http://www.2nc.org/