Where is the Rev War units site?

  • Patrick J OKelley
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 26, 2000
      Howdy,
      There used to be a page with everyone of the Rev War reenactment units
      listed on it that had a web site. Now it has been replaced by a
      reenactorworldplus web site that is of no use at all.
      Does anyone know if there is a web site that does list all of the other
      units?

      Patrick O'Kelley
      goober.com@...
      2nd Regiment of the North Carolina Line
      http://www.2nc.org/

      And please don't send me your individual unit's site
    • Todd Post
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 26, 2000
        Not all, but a good number of units are at
        http://www.brigade.org/barunits.html.

        Todd

        --
        Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?

      • Sgt42RHR@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 26, 2000
          Patrick,
          I think you can get to the NWTA units with websites through their home
          page which is http://www.serve.com/rbriggs/main.html
          John

          > Does anyone know if there is a web site that does list all of the other
          > units?

          John Johnston
          42d. Grenr. Compy.
          "There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness." Dave Barry
        • Sean Brown
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 27, 2000
            There is a good resource for Crown Forces units at:

            http://www.84th.com/links.htm

            Sorry, you might have to cut and paste it into your
            browser, but its worth it.

            Our Colonel, Kim Stacy maintains that site. I also
            highly reccomend that you browse the site itself as
            there are great source details and everything. The
            website was his Doctoral work and there is a 400+ page
            dissertation on the unit (only for members of the 84th
            however..sorry! :o))

            Semper Fi and happy hunting!

            Sean
            --- Patrick J OKelley <goober.com@...> wrote:
            > Howdy,
            > There used to be a page with everyone of the Rev
            > War reenactment units
            > listed on it that had a web site. Now it has been
            > replaced by a
            > reenactorworldplus web site that is of no use at
            > all.
            > Does anyone know if there is a web site that does
            > list all of the other
            > units?
            >

            > Patrick O'Kelley
            > goober.com@...
            > 2nd Regiment of the North Carolina Line
            > http://www.2nc.org/
            >
            > And please don't send me your individual unit's
            > site

            http://mail.yahoo.com/
          • Mark Canady
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 27, 2000
              --- Patrick J OKelley <goober.com@...> wrote:

              > There used to be a page with everyone of the Rev
              > War reenactment units
              > listed on it that had a web site. Now it has been
              > replaced by a
              > reenactorworldplus web site that is of no use at
              > all.

              Here is a page that I originally created for
              Reenactor's World Plus. It needs updated badly, but
              it has most units on it. I might be able to get
              several new units on it today, so check back later.

              =====
              Sincerely,
              Mark Canady
              8th Foot (Revwar period)
              55th Foot (F and I period)

              http://mail.yahoo.com/
            • Mark Canady
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 27, 2000
                --- Mark Canady <redcoat1779@...> wrote:

                > Here is a page that I originally created for
                > Reenactor's World Plus. It needs updated badly, but
                > it has most units on it. I might be able to get
                > several new units on it today, so check back later.

                Here's the link

                http://www.angelfire.com/ns/h2cc/rwp.html

                =====
                Sincerely,
                Mark Canady
                8th Foot (Revwar period)
                55th Foot (F and I period)

                http://mail.yahoo.com/
              • Walter M. McIntyre
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 27, 2000
                  Should you ever update it, please put our unit on the list. We are both NC Whig militia and NC Continental artillery. We are members of the Continental Line as the artillery company.

                  Walter M. McIntyre
                  wmm@...
                  Col. Locke's Militia Co./Kingsbury's Independent NC Artillery Co.
                  www.angelfire,com/nc/Lockes

                • histnact@revwar.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
                    --- In Revlist@y..., Patrick J OKelley <goober.com@j...> wrote:
                    > Howdy,
                    > There used to be a page with everyone of the Rev War
                    reenactment units
                    > listed on it that had a web site. Now it has been replaced by a
                    > reenactorworldplus web site that is of no use at all.
                    > Does anyone know if there is a web site that does list all of
                    the other
                    > units?
                    >

                    > Patrick O'Kelley
                    > goober.com@j...
                    > 2nd Regiment of the North Carolina Line
                    > http://www.2nc.org/
                    >
                    > And please don't send me your individual unit's site

                    Found this far back. Good sites indeed, Thenere is our links pages at
                    http://www.revwar.com/links/

                    We are checking revwar reenactment sites and updating information
                    daily.