Regimental Coat Patterns

  • jwfilipski@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 9, 2000
      Dear Members of the List,
      Has anyone had any experience with clothing patterns for Continental
      Regimental Coats that are being offered by the B.A.R. , G.G.Godwins, etc.
      I'm looking for a general pattern that I can modify to Lottery Coat
      specs. and I am trying to get an idea of what maybe out there as far as
      patterns are concerned and also some of our members opinions.
      Thanks in advance!
      Yr. Mst. Hmbl. & Obdt. Svt.,
      Jim W. Filipski
    • Zach Nall
      Message 2 of 4 , May 9, 2000
        We in the 1MR are using the BAR Lottery Pattern coat, and it looks really good. But beware, there is little instruction that comes with the pattern. Some fo the folks in our unit that make coats often have made thre own note on the subject, which are very helpfull. I have ot made a coat from said pattern, but have seen the finished results the about half our unit is now wearing, and it is very good.

        Zach
      • Todd Post
        Message 3 of 4 , May 9, 2000
          Dear Jim,
          The BAR coat pattern you mention was done by Henry Cooke and already has
          a Lottery Coat pattern in it.

          Todd

          > Dear Members of the List,
          > Has anyone had any experience with clothing patterns for Continental
          > Regimental Coats that are being offered by the B.A.R. , G.G.Godwins, etc.
          > I'm looking for a general pattern that I can modify to Lottery Coat
          > specs. and I am trying to get an idea of what maybe out there as far as
          > patterns are concerned and also some of our members opinions.
          > Thanks in advance!
          > Yr. Mst. Hmbl. & Obdt. Svt.,
          > Jim W. Filipski
        • George
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
            Before people jump all over me, yes, I know Mr. Henry Cooke is the
            guru of regimental coats, patterns construction &c. - and that he has
            some upcoming classes. I have the utmost respect for the gentleman
            and his craft. Thank you.

            That being said...

            Does anyone have a source for British Army AWI regimental coat
            patterns (beyond the work by Mr. Cooke)? I know this comes up time
            and again - and seeming without resolution.

            Replied here or off-line are appreciated.

            Cheers,

            George Franks