  • Patrick J OKelley
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2000
      Howdy,

      >If we have this trouble loading, how did our 18th century counterparts
      fight
      >battles where they ran out of ammunition. For example the 42nd Regiment

      >using 18 hole belly boxes ran out of ammunition at Harlem Heights.

      In some competitions where I was firing a lot of rounds, in a limited
      time, I poured water down the barrel from my canteen, and rinsed it. I
      immediately proceeded to load. Either the water in the barrel dried from
      the heat, or it didn't effect the powder at all.

      Patrick O'Kelley
      goober.com@...
      2nd Regiment of the North Carolina Line
      http://www.2nc.org/