" Turn "

  • ebolton123
    Message 1 of 39 , Apr 21, 2014
      Is it me, or with all the show has pretty good, the person who is responsible for the British, has them mostly looking like a mob of I'll dressed sots that look as though they're coming off a three day drunk? I mean, in last nights episode, I don't think a single breastplate was anywhere close to being properly positioned. I've seen a number of spatterdashes that flop all over the place.....ugh! I really enjoy the show, but, ... "C'mon man" ....this was a crack military force...and they still get portrayed like that? Cheers, Bob Bolton
    • mbrmanning2
      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 27, 2014

        Todd and Tate:

        The "autobiographical" details revealed in the Simcoe character's exposition is pure invention.  His father was a Royal Navy captain who died, not in the Black Hole of Calcutta but of pneumonia contracted during the siege of Quebec.

        Moreover, his captaincy was purchased during the Siege of Boston, not on Long Island.  He was given command of the Queen's Rangers in preference to the scheme he had developed, to command a unit of freed Black slaves.  This last was likely omitted from the script because it would hard to square his racial tolerance with his assigned role of villain to a modern American audience.

        YHOS,

        Mike