Re: Battle of the Hook update

  • carlgnam1va
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 26, 2013
      The Battle of the Hook website has been updated with more registered units as well as with a page devoted to the tavern we will be setting up.

      Horses:
      We currently have 30 mounted troops signed up. Dan Murphy of the 3rd Light Dragoons has been designated as the "Allied" commander of mounted troops.

      Boats:
      We now have three of the boats registered and expect at least two more, with interest from several others.

      Chip Gnam
      www.battleofthehook.org
      hookbattle(at)aol.com
      www.facebook.com/BattleOfTheHook
    • carlgnam1va
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2013

        Here are the latest returns for the Battle of the Hook event, October 19-20.

        Unit Returns:

        We now have 1500 people registered for the Battle of the Hook. There are a total of 103 units registered, including 54 Allied units (American, French, Spanish); 42 Crown units (British, Loyalist, German); and 7 boats.

        If your unit wants to come and has not registered, please do so now. Army organization, camps, and logistical details are being finalized. We don’t want to turn anyone away who wants to come, but last minute registrations are always a hassle for the volunteers handling the many necessary details.

        Mounted:

        We have a total of 34 mounted troops registered, considerably more than at the previous Hook event in 2008. If all, or most, attend we should see more horses than at any previous Rev War event in many years.

        Sutlers:

        We now have 31 sutlers registered for the event. Registration for sutlers is closed due to space constraints.

        Website Info:

        For detailed information, including directions, places to stay, etc., please check out the website. You’ll also see a “feed” of our Facebook page, with a variety of last minute updates. So if you don’t “do” Facebook, you’ll find the information on the website.

        www.battleofthehook.org

        hookbattle@...

        Chip Gnam

        1 VA Regt.