SAHR Summer 2013

  • hamorton30
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2013
      Liste -

      The Summer 2013 issue of the Journal of the Society for Army Historical Research, Volume 91 Number 366 has as its lead article "Honour Satisfied? The Courts Martial in the Brigade of Foot Guards, Arising from the Action near Springfield, New Jersey, 23rd June 1780". This is ten pages long, includes a color portrait of Lt. Col. Cosmo Gordon, 3rd Foot Guards, in the grenadier uniform ca. 1770 and comments on uniforms in the text as well as chronicling the court martial, the ensuing duel and a trial for murder arising from that duel

      Something for everybody! For members who do not belong to the SAHR, maybe it's possible to purchase single copies of the Journal. Incidentally, I have a very long run of issues, beginning in 1969. As I shall be moving, I would be happy to receive offers for the collection from any museum, library or historian who can give it a good home. I live next to the Brandywine Battlefield, so free delivery might be arranged in the New York-Washington corridor. Contact me at caltrop@aol,com.