Re: [Revlist] Re: Handles

  • sgt42rhr
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 18, 2013
      Bob,

      Go to a blacksmith of your choice, show him a picture, and order 4. Jymm
      Hoffman is one good one (he may be on this list)
      http://www.hoffmansforge.com/ There are certainly others who may be on this list, or who can be
      recommended by those on this list. You are in a section of the country, and
      you probably go to events (or can co to events) where there are blacksmiths.
      Rendezvous type events are usually a good place to find working
      blacksmiths. Get your desired measurements, show them a picture of what you want,
      and order 4. That's what I would do.

      Cheers,
      John

      John M. Johnston
      There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. Dave Barry.

      In a message dated 6/18/2013 3:53:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      ebolton123@... writes:

      John,
      Yes! The handles on the icebox chest look like exactly what I'm looking
      for!
      How do I get 4?
      Cheers,
      Bob

      --- In _Revlist@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:Revlist@yahoogroups.com) ,

      http://galootcentral.com/index.php?option=com_copperminevis&Itemid=2&place=t
      > humbnails&album=669
      >
      > BTW, the ones you describe as really wimpy are in fact period correct
      and
      > can be seen on many originals.
      >
      > The now defunct Trunk Shoppe used to carry good ones. You can see images
      > of those on a couple of trunks I made.

      http://galootcentral.com/index.php?option=com_copperminevis&Itemid=2&place=t
      > humbnails&album=518
      >
      > and

      http://galootcentral.com/index.php?option=com_copperminevis&Itemid=2&place=t
      > humbnails&album=507

    • ebolton123
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 20, 2013
        John,
        Yea, I get it...I do it to. I just got 4 hold-fasts done for my Moxon workbench. I just thought there might be more folks with them "ready-made"?
        Cheers,
        Bob Bolton