Re: Artillery buckets

  • Sanford
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2013
      Dave,

      The most recent issue of "The Artilleryman" (Vol 34, No 2, Spring 2013) has an article by Col J Craig Nannos, USA, Ret titled "Two Early Wooden Sponge Buckets Show Pattern & Ironwork Changes".

      One of the buckets in the article is attributed to the late 18th century. Col Nannos included drawings and dimensions for the bucket in the article; this bucket appears to be sized for a 3 pounder.

      In conversation with Col Nannos, he stated that the 18th century bucket is currently being examined by Colonial Williammsburg.

      Sandy
    • warbow67
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2013
        Sandy,

        Thanks. EMAIL me (I don't have your current email address).

        Dave

        --------------------------------

        --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "Sanford" <thirdnewhampshire@...> wrote:

        > Dave,
        >
        > The most recent issue of "The Artilleryman" (Vol 34, No 2, Spring 2013) has an article by Col J Craig Nannos, USA, Ret titled "Two Early Wooden Sponge Buckets Show Pattern & Ironwork Changes".
        >
        > One of the buckets in the article is attributed to the late 18th century. Col Nannos included drawings and dimensions for the bucket in the article; this bucket appears to be sized for a 3 pounder.
        >
        > In conversation with Col Nannos, he stated that the 18th century bucket is currently being examined by Colonial Williammsburg.
        >
        > Sandy

      • Andrew Watson Kirk
        Message 3 of 4 , May 9, 2013
          Col. Nannos had me do the illustration for that article...I'll post it to photos...

          Andrew Kirk