Gunston Hall Dancing and Event Update

  • Mike Cecere
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2013
      Dear List,

      The 7th Virginia Regiment wishes to invite everyone attending this weekend's event at Gunston Hall to join us for an evening of dancing under the moonlight on the grounds of Colonel George Mason's plantation. Musicians and dance callers have been procured for an evening of merriment and all that is asked is that participants bring a lantern ( if they have one ) for the latter half of the dance.

      The festivities begin at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday near the continental camp and should last until 9:30 p.m. The weather looks great for the rest of the week and weekend and the ground is already dry and green everywhere. Temperatures are forecast for the high 60's in the day and the high 40's at night with plenty of sun and virtually no chance of rain.

      It looks to be a splendid weekend along the banks of the Potomac River, so be sure to bring your dancing shoes and attire for Saturday night.

      Also, there will be a special tour of the mansion house for reenactors at 4:30 ( following Saturday's battle ) and a Reenactor Flea Market between the camps at 5:00, so if you have any gear or clothing or books or anything useful for our period that you would like to offer for sale, be sure to bring it for the flea market.

      Every participant should check in to receive a packet with information when they arrive either at the museum / visitor center lobby on Friday between 10 - 5, or at the check-in station in the American camp after 5 p.m. on Friday and / or Saturday morning from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.

      The site opens to the public at 9:30 so we would like all vehicles out of camp be 9:00.

      Hope to see you there and please pass this info along to anyone interested.

      Mike Cecere 7th VA

    • Mike Cecere
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2013
        Dear List,

        I was remiss in not acknowledging our two volunteer dance callers for Saturday night, Lyn Padgett and Jane Pease. Both fine ladies, who volunteer at Gunston Hall and are reenactors, have offered to share the duties of dance calling and we are indebted to them for their help.

        Thanks Lyn and Jane.

        All the Best,

        Mike Cecere 7th VA