Petersburg Registration

  • umfspock87
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2013
      Hello,

      Although most of my focus has been on Gunston Hall, which as Jim mentioned the other day is shaping up nicely, the city of Petersburg is holding its annual reenactment at Battersea two weeks earlier ( April 20-21 ) so any unit interested in a "tune up" is welcome to join the 7th VA and 64th Regt. ( among other units ) to reenact the battle of Petersburg..... General Stuben and Muhlenberg vs. Gen. Phillips.

      The City of Petersburg really puts on a nice event, providing a nice Saturday dinner ( with refreshments ) and a dance inside the mansion. We've expanded the battlefield so the battles are good little fights and the are plenty of opportunities to interpret for the curious public and troops from Ft. Lee. This will be my 14th year at Petersburg and I've enjoyed every one!

      Here's a link to a site that the city has put up. If your unit is attending you should send a registration form to them soon as they need to plan for the Saturday meal.

      Cheers,

      Mike Cecere 7th VA

      http://www.petersburg-va.org/revwar/