Guilford

  • Alexander Good
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 19, 2013
      Just a note to thank all those that helped make the 2013 incarnation the great event that
      it was. Captain Sutherland's company of the 2d/71st Foot had a great time, and had a darned
      near flawless weekend. I particularly would like to thank the organisers for allowing us to
      stay at Colonial Park, which is something akin to Holy Ground for us, given that it's where
      the 71st assaulted the 1st line, and likely took the majority of its casualties. We are all
      very much looking forward to returning next year to participate. I hope to post an AAR here
      in the near future.

      Sincerely,

      Alex'r Good,
      2d/71st Reg't of Foot, Captain Sutherland's Coy
      www.71stregiment.com

    • Bill Fleming
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 19, 2013
        Ladies and Gentlemen,

        Just a small word as to this past weekend. Thank goodness the weather
        held. For those who may not have known, 20 years ago on this date was the
        blizzard of 93. FROM MY small perspective the event went well.

        The officers did an excellent job, but the troops are the ones carrying out
        the orders. The space for the Brits was sort of small hardly enough room to
        turn around. Yes, there was no goose poop. I believe the public had a
        better sense of what happened. That was due to Jay Callahan doing a
        masterful job narrating. Good job to all.

        Respectfully

        Bill Fleming