Re: [Revlist] Re: Looking for readers for book on Aaron Burr

  • Tate Jones
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
      Yes, Monmouth and previously Canadian campaign, NYC 1776, and with Continental Army through 1779; sometime militia duty thereafter until peace.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 7, 2013, at 1:21 PM, "Blacksmith 1775" <braveheart1191@...> wrote:

      > Mr.Johnson,
      > I think you're right on posting this as Aaron Burr was active during the Revolution. (Battle of Monmouth anyone?)
      >
      > I would be way more than willing to read your "WHAT IF" account of Aaron Burr as President.
      > I visited his gravesite in Princeton a year back, and was an early member of the Aaron Burr society.
      > Currently I am a board member of the 5thNY Regiment out of Fort Montgomery, NY (Orange county)and am also a founder of that same organization.
      > My descendency to Aaron is as yet a little foggy however I do so feel he was a maligned and mistreated Patriot.
      > your's,
      > James K. Burr

    • Googel User
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
        I'll read it. PDF is fine.
        On Mar 6, 2013 3:18 PM, "Bob Johnson" <bobjinpa@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I know this might be outside the interests of these two groups, but I hope
        > to find some people willing to read my book about the Presidency of Aaron
        > Burr, the Third President of the US and the time period is close.
        > Of course, it is fiction, but no one was so close to becoming president
        > without making it.
        > It is also my belief that Aaron would have been a far better president
        > than Thomas Jefferson.
        > The novel is about 110,000 words long. and takes place from Jan 1801 to
        > mid 1805.
        > Many of the events are actual or modified actual events.
        > I am not looking for editors, but readers who would be willing to comment
        > and criticize the contents.
        > Beware: if you think Thomas Jefferson was a great personage, you might not
        > like this book.
        > I can send the novel as a word .doc; word docx; Open Office or PDF.
        > I hope to find a publisher by year's end, probably a small historic
        > fiction publisher.
        > Thanks in advance
        >
        > Bob Johnson

      • Bob Johnson
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
          Here it is. Please remember that I do this in order to get opinions, comments and criticisms of this novel and would appreciate them in a reasonable time so that I can use your reply (s).
          You have my thanks for doing this.

          Bob Johnson

          > I know this might be outside the interests of these two groups, but I hope
          > to find some people willing to read my book about the Presidency of Aaron
          > Burr, the Third President of the US and the time period is close.
          > Of course, it is fiction, but no one was so close to becoming president
          > without making it.
          > It is also my belief that Aaron would have been a far better president
          > than Thomas Jefferson.
          > The novel is about 110,000 words long. and takes place from Jan 1801 to
          > mid 1805.
          > Many of the events are actual or modified actual events.
          > I am not looking for editors, but readers who would be willing to comment
          > and criticize the contents.
          > Beware: if you think Thomas Jefferson was a great personage, you might not
          > like this book.
          > I can send the novel as a word .doc; word docx; Open Office or PDF.
          > I hope to find a publisher by year's end, probably a small historic
          > fiction publisher.
          > Thanks in advance
          >
          > Bob Johnson

        • Rhiannon Hood
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
            I'd be willing.. pdf is fine.

            Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® II

            Here it is. Please remember that I do this in order to get opinions, comments and criticisms of this novel and would appreciate them in a reasonable time so that I can use your reply (s).
            You have my thanks for doing this.

            Bob Johnson

            > I know this might be outside the interests of these two groups, but I hope
            > to find some people willing to read my book about the Presidency of Aaron
            > Burr, the Third President of the US and the time period is close.
            > Of course, it is fiction, but no one was so close to becoming president
            > without making it.
            > It is also my belief that Aaron would have been a far better president
            > than Thomas Jefferson.
            > The novel is about 110,000 words long. and takes place from Jan 1801 to
            > mid 1805.
            > Many of the events are actual or modified actual events.
            > I am not looking for editors, but readers who would be willing to comment
            > and criticize the contents.
            > Beware: if you think Thomas Jefferson was a great personage, you might not
            > like this book.
            > I can send the novel as a word .doc; word docx; Open Office or PDF.
            > I hope to find a publisher by year's end, probably a small historic
            > fiction publisher.
            > Thanks in advance
            >
            > Bob Johnson

          • Bob Johnson
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
              I apologize to the group for my last email. I forgot check to use the email address of the person who volunteered to be a reader. Of course, if anyone else wished to d/l and read it, I would appreciate your opinions, comments and criticisms as well and please drop me a line to let me know you are going to read it.