Re: Looking for readers for book on Aaron Burr

  • Blacksmith 1775
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
      Mr.Johnson,
      I think you're right on posting this as Aaron Burr was active during the Revolution. (Battle of Monmouth anyone?)

      I would be way more than willing to read your "WHAT IF" account of Aaron Burr as President.
      I visited his gravesite in Princeton a year back, and was an early member of the Aaron Burr society.
      Currently I am a board member of the 5thNY Regiment out of Fort Montgomery, NY (Orange county)and am also a founder of that same organization.
      My descendency to Aaron is as yet a little foggy however I do so feel he was a maligned and mistreated Patriot.
      your's,
      James K. Burr
    • Tate Jones
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
        Yes, Monmouth and previously Canadian campaign, NYC 1776, and with Continental Army through 1779; sometime militia duty thereafter until peace.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Mar 7, 2013, at 1:21 PM, "Blacksmith 1775" <braveheart1191@...> wrote:

        > Mr.Johnson,
        > I think you're right on posting this as Aaron Burr was active during the Revolution. (Battle of Monmouth anyone?)
        >
        > I would be way more than willing to read your "WHAT IF" account of Aaron Burr as President.
        > I visited his gravesite in Princeton a year back, and was an early member of the Aaron Burr society.
        > Currently I am a board member of the 5thNY Regiment out of Fort Montgomery, NY (Orange county)and am also a founder of that same organization.
        > My descendency to Aaron is as yet a little foggy however I do so feel he was a maligned and mistreated Patriot.
        > your's,
        > James K. Burr

      • Googel User
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
          I'll read it. PDF is fine.
          On Mar 6, 2013 3:18 PM, "Bob Johnson" <bobjinpa@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I know this might be outside the interests of these two groups, but I hope
          > to find some people willing to read my book about the Presidency of Aaron
          > Burr, the Third President of the US and the time period is close.
          > Of course, it is fiction, but no one was so close to becoming president
          > without making it.
          > It is also my belief that Aaron would have been a far better president
          > than Thomas Jefferson.
          > The novel is about 110,000 words long. and takes place from Jan 1801 to
          > mid 1805.
          > Many of the events are actual or modified actual events.
          > I am not looking for editors, but readers who would be willing to comment
          > and criticize the contents.
          > Beware: if you think Thomas Jefferson was a great personage, you might not
          > like this book.
          > I can send the novel as a word .doc; word docx; Open Office or PDF.
          > I hope to find a publisher by year's end, probably a small historic
          > fiction publisher.
          > Thanks in advance
          >
          > Bob Johnson

        • Bob Johnson
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
            Here it is. Please remember that I do this in order to get opinions, comments and criticisms of this novel and would appreciate them in a reasonable time so that I can use your reply (s).
            You have my thanks for doing this.

            Bob Johnson

            > I know this might be outside the interests of these two groups, but I hope
            > to find some people willing to read my book about the Presidency of Aaron
            > Burr, the Third President of the US and the time period is close.
            > Of course, it is fiction, but no one was so close to becoming president
            > without making it.
            > It is also my belief that Aaron would have been a far better president
            > than Thomas Jefferson.
            > The novel is about 110,000 words long. and takes place from Jan 1801 to
            > mid 1805.
            > Many of the events are actual or modified actual events.
            > I am not looking for editors, but readers who would be willing to comment
            > and criticize the contents.
            > Beware: if you think Thomas Jefferson was a great personage, you might not
            > like this book.
            > I can send the novel as a word .doc; word docx; Open Office or PDF.
            > I hope to find a publisher by year's end, probably a small historic
            > fiction publisher.
            > Thanks in advance
            >
            > Bob Johnson

          • Rhiannon Hood
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
              I'd be willing.. pdf is fine.

              Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® II

              Here it is. Please remember that I do this in order to get opinions, comments and criticisms of this novel and would appreciate them in a reasonable time so that I can use your reply (s).
              You have my thanks for doing this.

              Bob Johnson

              > I know this might be outside the interests of these two groups, but I hope
              > to find some people willing to read my book about the Presidency of Aaron
              > Burr, the Third President of the US and the time period is close.
              > Of course, it is fiction, but no one was so close to becoming president
              > without making it.
              > It is also my belief that Aaron would have been a far better president
              > than Thomas Jefferson.
              > The novel is about 110,000 words long. and takes place from Jan 1801 to
              > mid 1805.
              > Many of the events are actual or modified actual events.
              > I am not looking for editors, but readers who would be willing to comment
              > and criticize the contents.
              > Beware: if you think Thomas Jefferson was a great personage, you might not
              > like this book.
              > I can send the novel as a word .doc; word docx; Open Office or PDF.
              > I hope to find a publisher by year's end, probably a small historic
              > fiction publisher.
              > Thanks in advance
              >
              > Bob Johnson

            • Bob Johnson
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
                I apologize to the group for my last email. I forgot check to use the email address of the person who volunteered to be a reader. Of course, if anyone else wished to d/l and read it, I would appreciate your opinions, comments and criticisms as well and please drop me a line to let me know you are going to read it.