Looking for readers for book on Aaron Burr

  • Bob Johnson
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 6, 2013
      I know this might be outside the interests of these two groups, but I hope to find some people willing to read my book about the Presidency of Aaron Burr, the Third President of the US and the time period is close.
      Of course, it is fiction, but no one was so close to becoming president without making it.
      It is also my belief that Aaron would have been a far better president than Thomas Jefferson.
      The novel is about 110,000 words long. and takes place from Jan 1801 to mid 1805.
      Many of the events are actual or modified actual events.
      I am not looking for editors, but readers who would be willing to comment and criticize the contents.
      Beware: if you think Thomas Jefferson was a great personage, you might not like this book.
      I can send the novel as a word .doc; word docx; Open Office or PDF.
      I hope to find a publisher by year's end, probably a small historic fiction publisher.
      Thanks in advance

      Bob Johnson

    • mike crane
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 6, 2013
        Mr Johnson,

        I would love to read the book.

        Thanks

        Michael Crane

        Michael M. Crane517-667-4278 Hawkstrainer@...

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
          Mr.Johnson,
          I think you're right on posting this as Aaron Burr was active during the Revolution. (Battle of Monmouth anyone?)

          I would be way more than willing to read your "WHAT IF" account of Aaron Burr as President.
          I visited his gravesite in Princeton a year back, and was an early member of the Aaron Burr society.
          Currently I am a board member of the 5thNY Regiment out of Fort Montgomery, NY (Orange county)and am also a founder of that same organization.
          My descendency to Aaron is as yet a little foggy however I do so feel he was a maligned and mistreated Patriot.
          your's,
          James K. Burr
        • Tate Jones
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
            Yes, Monmouth and previously Canadian campaign, NYC 1776, and with Continental Army through 1779; sometime militia duty thereafter until peace.

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Mar 7, 2013, at 1:21 PM, "Blacksmith 1775" <braveheart1191@...> wrote:

            > Mr.Johnson,
            > I think you're right on posting this as Aaron Burr was active during the Revolution. (Battle of Monmouth anyone?)
            >
            > I would be way more than willing to read your "WHAT IF" account of Aaron Burr as President.
            > I visited his gravesite in Princeton a year back, and was an early member of the Aaron Burr society.
            > Currently I am a board member of the 5thNY Regiment out of Fort Montgomery, NY (Orange county)and am also a founder of that same organization.
            > My descendency to Aaron is as yet a little foggy however I do so feel he was a maligned and mistreated Patriot.
            > your's,
            > James K. Burr

          • Googel User
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 7, 2013
              I'll read it. PDF is fine.
              On Mar 6, 2013 3:18 PM, "Bob Johnson" <bobjinpa@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > I know this might be outside the interests of these two groups, but I hope
              > to find some people willing to read my book about the Presidency of Aaron
              > Burr, the Third President of the US and the time period is close.
              > Of course, it is fiction, but no one was so close to becoming president
              > without making it.
              > It is also my belief that Aaron would have been a far better president
              > than Thomas Jefferson.
              > The novel is about 110,000 words long. and takes place from Jan 1801 to
              > mid 1805.
              > Many of the events are actual or modified actual events.
              > I am not looking for editors, but readers who would be willing to comment
              > and criticize the contents.
              > Beware: if you think Thomas Jefferson was a great personage, you might not
              > like this book.
              > I can send the novel as a word .doc; word docx; Open Office or PDF.
              > I hope to find a publisher by year's end, probably a small historic
              > fiction publisher.
              > Thanks in advance
              >
              > Bob Johnson

            • Bob Johnson
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
                Here it is. Please remember that I do this in order to get opinions, comments and criticisms of this novel and would appreciate them in a reasonable time so that I can use your reply (s).
                You have my thanks for doing this.

                Bob Johnson

                > I know this might be outside the interests of these two groups, but I hope
                > to find some people willing to read my book about the Presidency of Aaron
                > Burr, the Third President of the US and the time period is close.
                > Of course, it is fiction, but no one was so close to becoming president
                > without making it.
                > It is also my belief that Aaron would have been a far better president
                > than Thomas Jefferson.
                > The novel is about 110,000 words long. and takes place from Jan 1801 to
                > mid 1805.
                > Many of the events are actual or modified actual events.
                > I am not looking for editors, but readers who would be willing to comment
                > and criticize the contents.
                > Beware: if you think Thomas Jefferson was a great personage, you might not
                > like this book.
                > I can send the novel as a word .doc; word docx; Open Office or PDF.
                > I hope to find a publisher by year's end, probably a small historic
                > fiction publisher.
                > Thanks in advance
                >
                > Bob Johnson

              • Rhiannon Hood
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
                  I'd be willing.. pdf is fine.

                  Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® II

                  Here it is. Please remember that I do this in order to get opinions, comments and criticisms of this novel and would appreciate them in a reasonable time so that I can use your reply (s).
                  You have my thanks for doing this.

                  Bob Johnson

                  > I know this might be outside the interests of these two groups, but I hope
                  > to find some people willing to read my book about the Presidency of Aaron
                  > Burr, the Third President of the US and the time period is close.
                  > Of course, it is fiction, but no one was so close to becoming president
                  > without making it.
                  > It is also my belief that Aaron would have been a far better president
                  > than Thomas Jefferson.
                  > The novel is about 110,000 words long. and takes place from Jan 1801 to
                  > mid 1805.
                  > Many of the events are actual or modified actual events.
                  > I am not looking for editors, but readers who would be willing to comment
                  > and criticize the contents.
                  > Beware: if you think Thomas Jefferson was a great personage, you might not
                  > like this book.
                  > I can send the novel as a word .doc; word docx; Open Office or PDF.
                  > I hope to find a publisher by year's end, probably a small historic
                  > fiction publisher.
                  > Thanks in advance
                  >
                  > Bob Johnson

                • Bob Johnson
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
                    I apologize to the group for my last email. I forgot check to use the email address of the person who volunteered to be a reader. Of course, if anyone else wished to d/l and read it, I would appreciate your opinions, comments and criticisms as well and please drop me a line to let me know you are going to read it.