re: [Revlist] Washington Out Spied US?

  • Bob Vogler
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2013
      List-
      I found the answer to my own question.
      Major (later general) George Beckwith.

      After the execution of Andre, he was appointed an AAG and the assistant to
      British AG- Major Oliver De Lancey (the younger) as they reorganized the
      intelligence activites of the British Army in New York. Beckwith remained
      in the spy business for the duration of the AWI.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Beckwith_(British_Army_officer)

      >>List-

      Which British general stated after the war, " Washington didn't out fight

      us, he out spied us." ??

      Bob V.