ARRT of DC MARCH MEETING

  • Glenn Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2013
      Dear Friends and Fellow Historians,

      If you live near or plan to visit the Washington, DC area, please join us for the 6 March 2013 meeting of the American Revolution Round Table of the District of Columbia (ARRT-DC).

      "Nathanael Greene's Northern Apprenticeship,
      1775-1780" will be presented by Dr. Curtis F. Morgan, Professor of History, Lord Fairfax Community College, Middletown, VA; and a recent member of our
      ARRT. He has given several talks on Nathanael Green to other groups. This
      presentation is based upon his essay, "A Merchandise of Small Wares':
      Nathanael Greene's Northern Apprenticeship, 1775-1780," that recently
      appeared in the collection General Nathanael Greene and the American
      Revolution in the South, edited by Greg Massey and Jim Piecuch (Univ. of
      South Carolina Press, 2012).
      Dr. Curtis F. Morgan, Jr. has taught World and U.S. History at LFCC since
      August 2000. He earned his PhD in Modern European History from the University of
      South Carolina in 1998 and is the author of James F. Byrnes, Lucius Clay
      and American Policy in Germany, 1945-1947. Three entries of his ("Lord
      Fairfax", "Nathanael Greene", and "Winchester, VA") appear in the
      recently-launched Mount Vernon Digital Encyclopedia at http://www.mountvernon.org/encyclopedia.
      He is presently working on a military biography of General Nathanael Greene.
      More on the program is posted on our ARRT Program webpage at:http://www.xenophongroup.com/patriot/arrt/arrtprgm.htm.

      The ARRT of DC meets at the Fort Myer (Arlington, VA) Officers Club on the first Wednesday of September, November, March and May, from 6:00 to 9:00 pm. For more information on attending the program, or the ARRT of DC in general, go to our web page at http://xenophongroup.com/patriot/arrt/arrtprgm.htm%c2%a0; OR, send an e-mail to me off list at gfwilliams607@...; or call: (703) 360-9712; or write: ARRT DC, PO Box 137, Mount Vernon, VA 22121.

      Best Regards,

      Glenn