Re: [Revlist] French burials in Boston

  • Lee Boyle
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 15 6:01 PM
      The Chevalier de Saint Sauveur was killed in a riot in Boston in September 1778, and buried at King's Chapel, even though it was not a Catholic cemetery. Don't know the Chevalier's religion.

      Lee Boyle

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17 8:49 AM
        Lee - if anything then the good chevalier was catholic. Bob========

        The Chevalier de Saint Sauveur was killed in a riot in Boston in September 1778, and buried at King's Chapel, even though it was not a Catholic cemetery. Don't know the Chevalier's religion.

        Lee Boyle

        Salut - in mid-July 1780, the "Ile de France" carrying 350 men of the Bourbonnois Regiment put into Boston. A few days later, those able to walk marched off to Newport, RI, but over the next few weeks, close to 20 men died. I have their names, biographical data and death dates. In the summer of 1780, Boston was not exactly dotted with Catholic churches and cemeteries served by Roman priests. But you could not just throw those dead soldiers in the harbor either. So my question: what is the most likely burying ground for those men? Thanks - Bob Selig

      • Thomas Heim
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 19 5:40 AM
          Off subject here but what unit was the 68th French Regiment during the American Revolution? One of our guys found a button on line and I want to get a confirmation other than Wikipedia. That tends to be an unreliable source at times.

          Many thanks....

          Sent from my iPod