British Bearskin patterns

  • denspear
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2013
      Greetings List

       I asked the list for help with correct patterns for bearskin caps. I asked and a list member Kerry Delorey of the 84th has helped in a very big way. I now have pages of info on the originals and many photos of his reproductions that he makes. This is going to help me in a big way make some caps for use in the B ritish N ight W atch in St Augustine. Back in the 70s I made a few caps for the 23rd  and when I went hessian My brother I made the caps for our regiment Von Bose.

        This is why the Revlist is so great, so we can share our inf omation with each other.

         Thanks Kerry!!  I now know the bearskin caps I used to make were way wrong in construction and I can correct the ones I have been asked to make.

       Thanks for the help!

       Brad Spear

    • KerryD
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2013
        --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, bdspear@... wrote:
        Just doing my bit to to prevent grenadier brain fry from those oppressive old-style bearskins, Brad.
        Contact me if you need any more help.
        Kerry