Re: Gun Control Laws & BAR [Murphy] & Weapons in Schools

  • Tom Castrovinci
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2013
      The BAR at the two most recent meetings was, pardon the pun, locked & loaded
      and ready to jump into the NYS debate.

      That is the amount of debate that was actually allowed.which didn't seem
      like much. [More important to be FIRST when planning on running for
      President. Not appropriate or thorough.just FIRST]

      In any case it appears all the standing exemptions are in place. The BAR
      has the institutional memory and resources to do battle on this as they have
      in the past, alongside all the others in the Living History Community

      This should also answer my fellow Nutmeg Stater Jim Murphy that the BAR is
      alive and well. Jim, I am on board. And YES we have many unique events
      this year including Saratoga NPS and Live Shoot at West Point in the works.
      Also joining in Big Three at Monmouth and The Hook

      Finally, the 5th Connecticut is getting twisted into knots trying to deal
      with our full schedule of school shows. The internal debate is quite
      interesting regarding HOW or WHETHER to act preemptively regarding the
      military/weapons part of our school shows. I must say it is a TROUBLING
      issue for us.

      Those who feel the military aspects of the Revolutionary WAR are essential
      are TROUBLED by those who think bringing guns to school is just plan NUTS.
      While those who think we must jettison weapons from our shows are TROUBLED
      by those who feel disconnecting the military from education about the
      Revolutionary War is NUTS too.

      Keep in mind this tragedy was in OUR backyard.almost literally for some..and
      all our school shows are in towns no more than 30 miles from Newtown.

      Tom 7

      5th Conn