My BAR Subscription/Membership?

  • bvogler
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 23, 2013
      List-

      I just discovered that I have not received a "Brigade Dispatch" since
      Spring/Summer 2012 or a Brigade Courier" since June/July 2012. My
      membership is up to date with no lapses.

      Am I missing copies or has the BAR not printed either publication since this
      summer?

      I am just now getting back on my feet after dealing with a serious medical
      condition this late summer and fall or I would have caught the fact that I
      was not getting the two publications earlier.

      Bob V.

      A BAR member since 1989

    • mbrmanning2
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 26, 2013
        --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "bvogler" wrote:

        > List-
        >
        > I just discovered that I have not received a "Brigade Dispatch" since
        > Spring/Summer 2012 or a Brigade Courier" since June/July 2012. My
        > membership is up to date with no lapses.
        >

        > Am I missing copies or has the BAR not printed either publication since this
        > summer?
        >

        > I am just now getting back on my feet after dealing with a serious medical
        > condition this late summer and fall or I would have caught the fact that I
        > was not getting the two publications earlier.
        >

        > Bob V.
        >
        > A BAR member since 1989

        I did not renew my BAR membership after I sent them two change of address notifications and still did not receive the publications. This is the problem with physical newsletters. They are expensive and very time consuming for a volunteer organization to maintain. The same time and effort can be expended in electronic newsletters which are easily distributed and, should you miss some e-mails for whatever reason, they can be downloaded from the website.

        Regards,
        Mike
      • irishbrit
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 30, 2013
          Is the Brigade of the American Revolution still around? Who are the Officers? Do they still host large events?

          Jim Murphy
          Connecticut Colony

          --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "mbrmanning2" wrote:

          > --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "bvogler" wrote:
          > >
          > > List-
          > >
          > > I just discovered that I have not received a "Brigade Dispatch" since
          > > Spring/Summer 2012 or a Brigade Courier" since June/July 2012. My
          > > membership is up to date with no lapses.
          > >

          > > Am I missing copies or has the BAR not printed either publication since this
          > > summer?
          > >

          > > I am just now getting back on my feet after dealing with a serious medical
          > > condition this late summer and fall or I would have caught the fact that I
          > > was not getting the two publications earlier.
          > >

          > > Bob V.
          > >
          > > A BAR member since 1989
          > >

          > I did not renew my BAR membership after I sent them two change of address notifications and still did not receive the publications. This is the problem with physical newsletters. They are expensive and very time consuming for a volunteer organization to maintain. The same time and effort can be expended in electronic newsletters which are easily distributed and, should you miss some e-mails for whatever reason, they can be downloaded from the website.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Mike

        • Todd Post
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 31, 2013
            Jim,

            Todd

            On 01/31/13, irishbrit wrote:

            Is the Brigade of the American Revolution still around? Who are the Officers? Do they still host large events?

            Jim Murphy
            Connecticut Colony

            --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "mbrmanning2" wrote:

            > --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "bvogler" wrote:
            > >
            > > List-
            > >
            > > I just discovered that I have not received a "Brigade Dispatch" since
            > > Spring/Summer 2012 or a Brigade Courier" since June/July 2012. My
            > > membership is up to date with no lapses.
            > >

            > > Am I missing copies or has the BAR not printed either publication since this
            > > summer?
            > >

            > > I am just now getting back on my feet after dealing with a serious medical
            > > condition this late summer and fall or I would have caught the fact that I
            > > was not getting the two publications earlier.
            > >

            > > Bob V.
            > >
            > > A BAR member since 1989
            > >

            > I did not renew my BAR membership after I sent them two change of address notifications and still did not receive the publications. This is the problem with physical newsletters. They are expensive and very time consuming for a volunteer organization to maintain. The same time and effort can be expended in electronic newsletters which are easily distributed and, should you miss some e-mails for whatever reason, they can be downloaded from the website.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Mike

          • Allegretto
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 31, 2013
              WOW.... you guys make it like they disappeared. Just because they aren't looking for you doesn't mean they are gone. As Todd Post wrote... go to www. Brigade.org.... an easy google search would have found them too. They are out there, they are alive, they do events and they also supprt the Continental Line and British Brigade events on occaision.

              Contact the BAR Adjutant on their website by clicking on "Contacting the Brigade"

              Bob Allegretto
              2LD

              --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, Todd Post wrote:

              > Jim,

              > Cheers,
              > Todd
              >

              > On 01/31/13, irishbrit wrote:
              >
              > Is the Brigade of the American Revolution still around? Who are the Officers? Do they still host large events?
              >
              > Jim Murphy
              > Connecticut Colony
              >

              > --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "mbrmanning2" wrote:
              > >

              > > --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "bvogler" wrote:
              > > >
              > > > List-
              > > >
              > > > I just discovered that I have not received a "Brigade Dispatch" since
              > > > Spring/Summer 2012 or a Brigade Courier" since June/July 2012. My
              > > > membership is up to date with no lapses.
              > > >

              > > > Am I missing copies or has the BAR not printed either publication since this
              > > > summer?
              > > >

              > > > I am just now getting back on my feet after dealing with a serious medical
              > > > condition this late summer and fall or I would have caught the fact that I
              > > > was not getting the two publications earlier.
              > > >

              > > > Bob V.
              > > >
              > > > A BAR member since 1989
              > > >

              > > I did not renew my BAR membership after I sent them two change of address notifications and still did not receive the publications. This is the problem with physical newsletters. They are expensive and very time consuming for a volunteer organization to maintain. The same time and effort can be expended in electronic newsletters which are easily distributed and, should you miss some e-mails for whatever reason, they can be downloaded from the website.
              > >
              > > Regards,
              > > Mike

            • John Welsh
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 15, 2014
                Re: [Revlist] Re: My BAR Subscription/Membership? Jim, I belong too to the Brigade and just got a flyer for an election of two candidates. I  wrote back and asked them to send me any information on them and on the organization itself.  I need more than an election flyer for a club.
                John Welsh