Berkovich Dissertation

  • robertaselig@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2013
      Salut - I just received a copy of Ilya Berkovich's "Motivation in the Armies of Old-Regime Europe" (PhD Diss, U of Cambridge, April 2012) 273 pages. He worked with T.C.W.Blanning, Brendan Simms, and Christopher Duffy. Our good friend and list member Will Tatum is mentioned with praise in the foreword - and the hope that his dissertation will be available soon. I have not read it yet but Berkovich speaks English, French, German and Russian and this shows. Though he is focused on Continental Europe he also uses sources from soldiers who fought in India and other parts of the world, incl. the various wars in the New World. He only uses writings by the r&f, no officers. It may/will be a while before it is published and available to the general public (not that the general public would be interested in this) but if anyone wants to contact Berkovich let me know; I have his e-mail etc. Bob