Kids Games

  • stantoncon@frontier.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
      Hello to the list.

      My teenage boys have an American Lit class.  They have read Last of the Mohicans, Johnny Tremain, the Crucible etc. during the class. They are having a Christmas party and they are looking for  some ideas for period games.  Does anyone have some references or a website that might give them some ideas?

      Thanks Rich

    • donhagist
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
        Here is a link to an article about games played by soldiers:
        http://revwar75.com/library/hagist/soldiergames.htm
        Some of the games described can be adapted to other venues, if you focus on the spirit of the game rather than the precise description.
        Don N. Hagist
        http://revolutionaryimprints.com
        http://redcoat76.blogspot.com

        --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "stantoncon@..." <stantoncon@...> wrote:

        > Hello to the list.
        >
        > My teenage boys have an American Lit class.  They have read Last of the Mohicans, Johnny Tremain, the Crucible etc. during the class. They are having a Christmas party and they are looking for  some ideas for period games.  Does anyone have some references or a website that might give them some ideas?
        >
        > Thanks Rich

      • Bob Johnson
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
          http://www.ehow.com/info_8027907_childrens-games-18th-century.html

          http://www.mackinacparks.com/Userfiles/File/Games.pdf

          http://www.firstladies.org/curriculum/curriculum.aspx?Curriculum=990

          Bob

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
            Bob...thanks!  That was a lot of help.

            rich

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
              Don,

              Thanks for the link.  That is great.

              Rich

              ________________________________
              Here is a link to an article about games played by soldiers:
              http://revwar75.com/library/hagist/soldiergames.htm
              Some of the games described can be adapted to other venues, if you focus on the spirit of the game rather than the precise description.
              Don N. Hagist
              http://revolutionaryimprints.com/
              http://redcoat76.blogspot.com/

              --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "stantoncon@..." <stantoncon@...> wrote:

              > Hello to the list.
              >
              > My teenage boys have an American Lit class.  They have read Last of the Mohicans, Johnny Tremain, the Crucible etc. during the class. They are having a Christmas party and they are looking for  some ideas for period games.  Does anyone have some references or a website that might give them some ideas?
              >
              > Thanks Rich

            • J. L. Bell on Revolutionary Boston
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 10, 2012
                Rich wrote:
                <<My teenage boys have an American Lit class. They have read Last of
                the Mohicans, Johnny Tremain, the Crucible etc. during the class. They
                are having a Christmas party and they are looking for some ideas for
                period games. Does anyone have some references or a website that might
                give them some ideas? >>

                Christmas football game, Boston, 1769:
                <<http://boston1775.blogspot.com/2006/06/bostons-political-footballs.html>>

                J. L. Bell Boston1775@...

                Unabashed gossip about the start of the American Revolution at
                <http://www.boston1775.net>.
              • bfair1600
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 11, 2012
                  Shut the Box, Dice, checkers,pick up sticks, blind man bluff,table top bowling,look up The 18thC Gamester. Have fun