Re: Maryland State Marines - anyone know anything

  • britmarinecapt
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 7, 2012
      Based on the availability of the MD state navy, I suspect they spent a lot of time on shore.

      Jim McG

      --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "Woolsey, David" <David.Woolsey@...> wrote:

      > Well Captain, there are several muster lists of men who served as
      > Maryland Marines..., but don't know how many were needed, vs. how many
      > they actually had.
      >

      > YOHS
      >

      > Dave Woolsey

    • gregsandor
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 8, 2012
        http://www.awiatsea.com/sn/MD/Baltimore%20Maryland%20Navy%20Galley%20%5bWalker%5d.html

        Marines mentioned here.

        --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "britmarinecapt" <britmarinecapt@...> wrote:

        > The fact that Maryland had marines is fairly well known. It is also well known that part of their issue included a blue frock, but they were also issued with a "short coat." Does anyone here have documentation on what color the coats were?
        >
        > Jim McGaughey

      • Damian Siekonic
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 10, 2012
          Jim,

          Do you have the book "Marines in the Revolution" by Charles Smith? There's a section on the state marines, including Maryland.

          Best,
          Damian Siekonic

          --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "gregsandor" <gregsandor@...> wrote:

          > http://www.awiatsea.com/sn/MD/Baltimore%20Maryland%20Navy%20Galley%20%5bWalker%5d.html
          >
          > Marines mentioned here.
          >

          > --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "britmarinecapt" <britmarinecapt@> wrote:
          > >
          > > The fact that Maryland had marines is fairly well known. It is also well known that part of their issue included a blue frock, but they were also issued with a "short coat." Does anyone here have documentation on what color the coats were?
          > >
          > > Jim McGaughey

        • britmarinecapt
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 10, 2012
            No I don't. Never heard of it. I'll look it up, thanks for the tip.

            Jim McG

          • johnjogden@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 10, 2012
              Jim-
              If you can't readily find a copy @ your library I can loan you mine (it's not prohibitively expensive, but not exactly cheap, either).

              -- Sent from my Palm Pre
              On Dec 10, 2012 3:49 PM, britmarinecapt <britmarinecapt@...> wrote:

              No I don't. Never heard of it. I'll look it up, thanks for the tip.

              Jim McG

              --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "Damian Siekonic" <damian@...> wrote:

              > Jim,

              > Do you have the book "Marines in the Revolution" by Charles Smith? There's a section on the state marines, including Maryland.

              > Best,

              > Damian Siekonic

              > --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "gregsandor" <gregsandor@> wrote:

              > > http://www.awiatsea.com/sn/MD/Baltimore%20Maryland%20Navy%20Galley%20%5bWalker%5d.html

              > > Marines mentioned here.

              > > --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "britmarinecapt" <britmarinecapt@> wrote:

              > > > The fact that Maryland had marines is fairly well known. It is also well known that part of their issue included a blue frock, but they were also issued with a "short coat." Does anyone here have documentation on what color the coats were?

              > > > Jim McGaughey

            • Damian Siekonic
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 10, 2012
                Jim,