Re: Battle of Iron Works Hill - Saturday, December 8

  • Ian Johns
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2012
      Check our Web site (http://www.ironworkshill.org/
      <http://www.ironworkshill.org/> ) for the updated schedule of
      activities. If there's no " * " next to your company on our Links page,
      I haven't received your registration.

      The souvenir program is also available on line:
      http://www.ironworkshill.org/docs/2012-IWH_program.pdf

      --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Johns" <ianjohns@...> wrote:

      > Ladies and gentlemen,
      >
      > This note is to remind you that our annual event is Saturday, December
      8 in Mount Holly, NJ. Please distribute this e-mail as you please within
      your company and to other people who may be interested. Our Web site
      (http://www.ironworkshill.org/) is being updated with this year's
      schedule of activities and contains online registration information,
      plus directions.

      > Each unit or sutler must provide proof of liability insurance.
      Accurate numbers of all participants (soldiers, musicians, distaff,
      sutlers, etc.) are important so we can plan lunch in each camp and
      provide $5 in Main Street Mount Holly dollars. Registered units will be
      marked with a * on the Links page of our Web site.

      > The Crown Forces camp is again at the Burlington County Prison Museum,
      as are sutlers. The Continental camp is again located in Mill Race
      Village near the corner of White and Charles Streets.

      > The camps open to the public at 10:00 am, with artillery
      demonstrations at 2:30 near the Prison and the tactical at 3:00.

      > If you have any questions, please reply to me. I look forward to
      seeing you in December.

      > your servant,
      > ian johns
      > Loyal American Regiment (http://www.loyalamericanregiment.org/)

    • Ian Johns
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2012
        My thanks to all who were able to attend. The event went well, and I've
        received quite a few positive comments from folks in town. Although I
        haven't posted anything on our site yet, there are many photos on
        Facebook and some videos on YouTube. We also got some nice press:

        http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/burlington_county_times_news/video\
        -mount-holly-remembers-battle-of-iron-works-hill/youtube_cfdc43d0-b04a-5\
        f44-bead-90c0712b93c8.html
        <http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/burlington_county_times_news/vide\
        o-mount-holly-remembers-battle-of-iron-works-hill/youtube_cfdc43d0-b04a-\
        5f44-bead-90c0712b93c8.html>

        http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/burlington_county_times_news/doing\
        -battle-in-mount-holly/article_4883f012-8af6-5d6d-ba70-2c9f68a87dcb.html
        <http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/burlington_county_times_news/doin\
        g-battle-in-mount-holly/article_4883f012-8af6-5d6d-ba70-2c9f68a87dcb.htm\
        l>

        http://www.phillyburbs.com/my_town/mount_holly/having-a-blast-in-mount-h\
        olly/article_db672f2c-e682-5948-ad1a-008736803b31.html
        <http://www.phillyburbs.com/my_town/mount_holly/having-a-blast-in-mount-\
        holly/article_db672f2c-e682-5948-ad1a-008736803b31.html>

        ian