Re: [Revlist] This Day in 1777

  • DelRev225th@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2012
      When I lived in Pennsylvania Warren Williams at the Moland House along
      Neshaminy Creek always claimed the flag first flew there--and then I moved to
      Delaware and Ned Cooch always claimed it flew here--two very nice old men
      clinging to their most cherished beliefs!

      Who knows--maybe she made two--although before I met Warren & Ned, I
      thought the first flag was for a ship!

      Kim

      In a message dated 9/4/2012 7:25:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      todd.post2@... writes:

      The American flag is flown in battle for the first time during a
      Revolutionary War skirmish