Last Call for Colonial Day in Shaftsbury VT

  • W.A. Klinger
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2012
      Hello All,
      We have been making good progress on our Colonial Day event, scheduled
      for Saturday, the 20th of September 2012, at the Galusha Homestead in
      Shaftsbury Vermont.

      Our "plan of the day" has been fairly well set and we are not working
      on publicity and logistics.

      The Colonial Day is meant to focus on presenting a slice of life,
      circa the 1770s, when the "Hampshire Grants" were beginning to become
      settled. We are leaning more on the civilian side, but with
      representation of militia men, Green Mountain boys, &c, a definite
      piece here.

      So, here is one last call, for anyone interested in participating in
      the wrap up to the town of Shaftsbury's 250th birthday year long
      celebration. Still would like to fill in with what you may bring to
      this event, at what should be the height of this fall's colors in
      Vermont.

      The Galusha Homestead was recently acquired by the Shaftsbury
      Historical Society, and the grounds and buildings will be the back
      drop for the day. It is located on Rt 7A, about 15 minutes north of
      Bennington VT.

      Please contact me at: 802-823-5197, or emal: uposl@... if you
      are interested in joining us, or would like more information.
      Alternatively, if you are in the area on the 29th, please feel free to
      come enjoy the festivities.

      Walt Klinger
      Shaftsbury's 250th birthday committee