alternatives to magic lanterns

  • Greg Ketcham
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2011
      While I empathize with Mike's concern, and have been known to wander
      comfortably in the dark myself with no aid, I would caution against any type
      of candle lantern unattended in a tent. Unconsciousness, aka sleep, pretty
      much rules out snuggling up next to any kind of flame, in my line of
      thought.

      I'd also note at how aghast we were when at a "big event" this season we
      clearly saw what seemed to be flickering flames in an occupied tent. Said
      occupant was burning a citronella candle to ward off the mosquitoes. Guess
      he never heard of bug spray...

      Greg Ketcham
      2nd Albany