Re: Linen Canvas Tents

  • Jim mullins
    Message 1 of 80 , Mar 24, 2011
      Todd,
      Feel free to blame the camp colourman for using the wrong set of poles that day.
      Jim Mullins
      2d Va (who needs to mark the sets of tent poles as the first prototype tent is a bit shorter than the other two).

      --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, Todd Post <todd.post2@...> wrote:

      > Chip,
      >
      > > It looks like the sides of the tent are shorter than the poles warrant.
      > > see the mud flaps hanging. Is that a case of the canvas shrinking in
      > > the rain? Just curious.
      >
      > Not shrinkage, just the uprights being a little taller than they need to be.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Todd

    • vonriedesel
      Message 80 of 80 , Mar 25, 2011
        Hello All,
        At the request of Greg, I have uploaded page scans to the Photos Section of the group list. They are in the file "Prussian Tents" I've only included the Type A Tent, but if others are requested, I can do those as well. I converted my orginal scans to JPEG from Rich Text, so some of the detail may be lost.

        In the first one, you can see the two sets of hooks and eyes and how they close the tent. The second one is of a different tent (notice the different tent number in the peak), but is the same style as the first one and gives a closer view of the hook and eye.

        Hope these are helpful!

        Hochactungsvoll,
        Mark Rogers